As soon as I laid eyes on my very first Moss Agate, I instantly fell in love. These beautiful crystals get their name from the fact that it looks like real-live moss is suspended throughout them.
Being from north Florida, where all of the gorgeous, old live oak trees are dripping with Spanish moss, this stone gives me a feeling of home that I so long for now that I live in the frozen tundra of Central New York. I knew I had to have Moss Agate in my collection and snatched up a lovely pendulum the second I saw it.
How do you know which stones to use for healing?
If you have no problem seeing and identifying colors, then you can easily identify which stones to work with for different ailments. Each chakra in the system of seven chakras coordinates with a color or group of colors.
- Red/black/earth tones – Root Chakra
- Orange – Sacral Chakra
- Yellow – Solar Plexus Chakra
- Green – Heart Chakra
- Blue – Throat Chakra
- Indigo – Third Eye Chakra
- Purple/clear – Crown Chakra
As you learn about each chakra and the parts of body and mind that each rule, then you will gain an understanding of where exactly you are out of balance. Once you can identify which chakras are most out of alignment, then you can start working with the coordinating stones.
Healing Properties of Moss Agate
I love my little crystal study drawings, but unfortunately, there is never enough room to fit all of the wonderful properties of each stone. Here is a longer list of Moss Agate’s healing properties, so you can get a better idea of what this wonderful stone is capable of.
- Works with the Heart and Root Chakras
- Known as the Stone of Abundance and Prosperity
- In the workplace, it draws new business and gradual expansion, increasing prosperity over time
- Also known as the Crystal of Gardeners and Agriculture
- Planted in a pot or flower bed, it increases the overall health of plants
- Has a powerful grounding energy
- Excellent for balancing emotional, physical and intellectual energy
- Opens the line of communication with nature spirits
- Soothes volatile tempers and promotes patience, wholeness, and inner calm
- Aids in giving birth – reducing pain and assisting in the delivery
- Cures “buzzing” in ears
- Beneficial as a body strengthener in times of stress
- Helpful in reducing sensitivity to weather
- Helps eliminate depression caused by a left-right brain imbalance
- Stimulates mental function by improving concentration, perception, and analytical abilities
- Boosts the immune system – helps treat cold/flu symptoms
- Lowers fever
- Thought to prevent hypoglycemia and dehydration
- Helpful to the circulatory system
- Stimulates the digestive system, relieves gastritis, and aids in the elimination of toxins from the body
- Releases deep-seated fear and stresses
Do you have any moss agate in your collection? Have you found the healing energy of this stone to be helpful? I would love to hear from you!